Meakii - Hysteria Meakii - Hysteria

Wow! those transitions between drops and that intro is beautiful <3

Orpheus responds:

Thank you!

Empowered WIP Empowered WIP

Very much a good start. You have a lot to learn but you'll get there. The side chaining you have is way to strong. It cuts all the higher frequency content away. Try easing that back a little bit. Next try doing some EQ work on the kick drum and try turning it down a bit. That might just be the side chaining but if it still pretty loud after the fact then id try easing that level back. The basses are clipping a lot so turn those down and put them into the side chaining as well. Another thing that might be helpful to the high pass your basses and add sub basses to them. It gives a much more professional and tight sounding feel. I hope this helped :)

Tarian responds:

Thanks for the review! I definitely agree with a lot of the things you said, and I have yet to EQ everything so I will be working on that. The sidechain on the drums is over the top. I'm working on learning to add subs.

~Starflight~ (1 YEAR ON NEWGROUNDS) ~Starflight~ (1 YEAR ON NEWGROUNDS)

I enjoyed this but it seemed a bit empty. A lack of effects maybe. You're mixing on the drums made them seem a bit dry, maybe some subtle reverb to give them some life. They seem so dry. You're arrangement in the beginning is simple but that's alright. The descending chords become lack luster towards the end and a bit, Albeit, annoying. In the future try mixing it up. This is the start of something good :) keep at it!

Evilgrapez responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I think the drums are probably the biggest problem with this track. As for the emptiness, I would have included more instruments, but I'm working with Home Studio, which has many limitations (I used up all the tracks). It's surprising that I even managed to make this. I can't afford better software at the moment so I'm stuck with this, but someday I'll upgrade! I'll make sure to do better in later tracks. :)

- Evilgrapez