Meakii - Hysteria Meakii - Hysteria

Wow! those transitions between drops and that intro is beautiful <3

Orpheus responds:

Thank you!

Empowered WIP Empowered WIP

Very much a good start. You have a lot to learn but you'll get there. The side chaining you have is way to strong. It cuts all the higher frequency content away. Try easing that back a little bit. Next try doing some EQ work on the kick drum and try turning it down a bit. That might just be the side chaining but if it still pretty loud after the fact then id try easing that level back. The basses are clipping a lot so turn those down and put them into the side chaining as well. Another thing that might be helpful to the high pass your basses and add sub basses to them. It gives a much more professional and tight sounding feel. I hope this helped :)

Tarian responds:

Thanks for the review! I definitely agree with a lot of the things you said, and I have yet to EQ everything so I will be working on that. The sidechain on the drums is over the top. I'm working on learning to add subs.

~Starflight~ (1 YEAR ON NEWGROUNDS) ~Starflight~ (1 YEAR ON NEWGROUNDS)

I enjoyed this but it seemed a bit empty. A lack of effects maybe. You're mixing on the drums made them seem a bit dry, maybe some subtle reverb to give them some life. They seem so dry. You're arrangement in the beginning is simple but that's alright. The descending chords become lack luster towards the end and a bit, Albeit, annoying. In the future try mixing it up. This is the start of something good :) keep at it!

Evilgrapez responds:

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I think the drums are probably the biggest problem with this track. As for the emptiness, I would have included more instruments, but I'm working with Home Studio, which has many limitations (I used up all the tracks). It's surprising that I even managed to make this. I can't afford better software at the moment so I'm stuck with this, but someday I'll upgrade! I'll make sure to do better in later tracks. :)

- Evilgrapez

kill or be killed kill or be killed

Its not typically my type of music but it was good. And I love undertale ;). but anyways, Everything production wise was...interesting. the strings and orchestra sounds were really cool but you lost me when the synth played at 00:42. It just seems so out of place in the song. to sharp in this environment you've created that's super airy. Other than Great job!

Undertale - Spider Dance [Ghost Remix] Undertale - Spider Dance [Ghost Remix]

I like this a lot. But, it almost seems to be a cover. I liked your choice of instruments and you're choice of transitions. Some variety of the original melody would be nice. Adding your own personal touch the song. But, what is laid here sounds like you took the midi, changed the instruments, added some effects, and there you are! which is nothing to be ashamed of. Your balance of instruments is great and mixing is good. You did a good job. I hope you can do a great job in the future :)

hoped this helped!

TheEvilDevil responds:

Oh thank you so much for a detailed review, now I know what needs to be improved and what needs to be added. I don't have a very creative mind to add my own variety for this music, but yeah, I tried to add my own melody(it sounded bad, so I deleted it). I'm no expert of creating remixes, because I do not have any experience/s at all; but now I am learning and improving from time to time.

Your review helped me lot, you're probably the first person to make a review of any of my submissions. Great to see someone who likes my remix/remake/cover (whatever). I'll promise that I'll do better on the next one. Thanks for the feedback! :D